Wednesday 12 February 2014

Introduction to evaluation

For my coursework I was set the task of creating an opening sequence for a thriller film, therefore I had to research and plan different conventions and effects used within the thriller genre. Within my group there was myself, who had the role of director and producer, Tom Tovey, who was allocated as an actor and editor and finally Scott Arbuckle, who was cameraman. As director and producer I was responsible for the settings, filming schedule, positioning of the actors within scenes and has the final say in the editing stage. From my experience of this I had learnt how to give out directions and constructive criticism in order to improve and create a successful piece of work.

I believe my group did work very well together during the planning and filming stages we each contributed ideas, which we agreed would to use within our opening sequence. However when it came down to the editing stage, there was quite a lot of conflict as we disagreed on several choices in terms of the sound effects and editing pace. Although we disagreed it benefited us in the long term because we had decided to compromise and combine the ideas, which created a better effect within our opening sequence. Even though there were many sections we could have further improved if we were given more time and expertise.

 I believe my opening sequence has been successful, because it included many features and conventions of a thriller e.g. enigma, low key lighting, death and many more other effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment